Top 10 Apple Recipes
We LOVE apple picking. Last year we came home with nearly 15 pounds of apples! We could eat them raw, but we have so many they would go bad before we ate them all. So what else do you do with a few extra bushels of apples?? These recipes use apples in unique ways – and you can repurpose them over and over again!
No apple left behind 🙂
Some recipes are too long to list below, so we’ve linked to them. But they are all super easy, nutritious and delicious… and they keep the doctor away!
Mama’s Top Ten (EASY) Apple Recipes for Fall:
1) Microwave ‘Baked’ Apples – (core apple. 1 tbsp honey + 1 tsp cinnamon inside. Microwave on high for 3 minutes)
2) Fall Squash Soup with Baked Apples – (make 2 apples per the recipe above and add to the fall soup before blending – remove skin)
3) Fresh Carrot & Apple Juice – *add ginger for a kick (save the pulp of apple & carrot for #4)
4) Apple Carrot Bites – (Use 1 cup of finely shredded pulp from carrot & apple juice, 1 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 egg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg. Make small balls with dough and flatten on backing sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes)
8) Roasted Apples & Sweet Potatoes – (Wash and cut up 2 apples for every 1 sweet potato/yam. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes in covered dish at 350 degrees in a cup of apple juice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves and 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
9) Apple Oatmeal Pancakes – (Add 1/2 cup quick oats & 1/2 cup small cubes apples + cinnamon and extra milk & honey to pancake mix)
10) Apple Stuffing – (Add 1/2 cups cubes apples to any stuffing recipe – it goes really well with chestnuts in an Italian Stuffing like Giada’s)