Irish Skiers French Toast
The day after St. Patty’s when you feel sick from too much green beer and whiskey, and need some yummy comfort food, whip out that extra Irish Soda Bread and make this amazingly easy and delicious Skiers French Toast! Recipe below!
*Unfortunately Greatest Blaze is no longer in business, but if you like my videos please follow me on YouTube!
Recipe for 12″ skillet (can cut in half):
What you’ll need –
- 1 loaf Irish soda bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup Baileys
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of each cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 pinches of pink salt
- 1/2 stick of butter (cold) chopped into small cubes
- Save other 1/2 stick of butter whole
Let’s get cookin’ –
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, Baileys, milk, vanilla & spices.
- Toss in the soda bread cubes until well coated. Then mix in the cubes of butter.
- Butter the skillet with leftover stick of butter, then press bread mixture into skillet until uniformly flat.
- Place in oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- When cooled to a warm temp, cut into pie slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and a cup of Irish coffee to complete the meal!
Wishing you Love & Yum, and the Luck of the Irish!
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill