Sexy Time: Chargrilled Oysters for a Delicious Valentine’s Day
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
I originally created this recipe for the Feast of the 7 Fishes video project for Arteflame… but I could eat these delectable little gems all year! So I revamped the recipe to be easy to make on any wood/charcoal fired grill. If you want to get that special someone (or YOU) the amazing gift of an Arteflame, use code Lindsay10 for 10% off.
Now, you’ve probably heard that oysters are an aphrodisiac, known to improve libido and get those sex hormones raging. Slurping a plateful over a glass of wine or two can certainly feel sexy, but do these shellfish have any legit powers? That’s the question PopSugar posed to two dietitians, and the answer is complicated at best. Read on…
Now that you’re mouth is watering, let’s get cookin’!
What you’ll need:
- 6 shucked oysters
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp good olive oil (Bonacci)
- Pinch sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Block of parmesan for shaving
Let’s get cookin’:
- Heat wood/coal-fired grill. Insert grill grate.
- Make sauce – in blender combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place opened oysters on grill grate in center of grill.
- Drizzle sauce on top.
- Cover with metal bowl or large pot lid for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle fresh grated parmesan and parsley.
- Cover again for 1 minute.
- Serve hot 🙂
Wishing you loads of LOVE & YUM on this Valentine’s Day, and everyday!
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill