Mother’s Day Brunch in a Toaster Oven
Check out this quick toaster-oven review video & delicious recipe I created for for Reviewed.com for Mother’s Day!
By Jeremy Stamas, Reviewed.com
Toasters often get a bad rap, but a good toaster oven can be a godsend. For people who live in tiny apartments that don’t have full-size kitchens, a toaster oven is often the only oven in the household. And these countertop ovens do have their advantages: The small size means they preheat faster and they can be easier to handle than their full-size counterparts.
Since they’re small, toaster ovens also make great tools for teaching kids how to bake. So, we sent our two favorite toaster ovens—the Breville Smart Oven Pro and the Hamilton Beach Easy Reach—to food blogger Lindsay ‘Mama’ O’Neill to see what she could whip up with help from her daughter, Avery.
Here’s what she had to say:
Steak & Eggs in a Biscuit Basket
• Grassfed strip steak marinated in soy sauce, rubbed with a chicory coffee rub—or an espresso rub
• 4 uncooked biscuits molded into cups
• 4 eggs (can use just the yolk to prevent a bigger mess)
• 1 handful of citrus microgreens
• Pinch of salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the toaster oven to 300° convection
- Place steak on one tray and biscuits on the other
- Crack 1 egg into the hole in each of the 4 biscuits and sprinkle with salt & pepper (if you have large eggs, you may just want to use the egg yolk)
- Cook the biscuits on the upper rack and the steak on the lower rack for 15 – 17 minutes
- Let the steak rest before slicing. Serve the sliced steak on top of the egg in the biscuit, then place a few sprigs of micro-greens on top.
Enjoy! Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mamas!
Love & yum,
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill
Read the full article (with recipe!): https://rvwd.co/2IheE0D
Buy the Breville Smart Oven Pro: https://amzn.to/2JwXo8f
Buy the Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven: https://amzn.to/2JC8Q5P
Food blogger Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill came up with this toaster oven recipe—and she recruited her daughter to help her make it.
Follow Reviewed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reviewed/
Follow Reviewed on Twitter: https://twitter.com/reviewed
Shop for more of our favorite products on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/shop/reviewedcom
* Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. Our picks and opinions are independent from any business incentives.