Grilled Cod Wrapped in Zucchini with Tomato Bacon Sauce
Throwback to one of my most popular recipes. Get outside and get grilling!!
My GB Test Kitchen “Wild Cod” Recipe Featured on Greensbury.com… Delicious flavors, extra veggies and BACON!
MAMA O’NEILL’S WILD COD WITH TOMATO BACON SAUCE
JULY 14, 2017
- 2 6oz fillets of Greensbury wild cod
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise using a mandolin on #1 or #2
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon – zested and juiced
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- optional: balsamic glaze
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat and place a well-seasoned cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Cook 3 pieces of bacon in the skillet. Remove when cooked and chopped.
- While bacon is cooking, sprinkle the cod with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Wrap in the zucchini slices.
- In the bacon fat, add onion, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Toss 2-3 times before removing veggies to the side and placing fish in the center of the pan. Squeeze 1/2 zested lemon juice over the whole pan and close lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip fish and make sure tomatoes and onions are not burning. Add in the cooked bacon and the juice of the other 1/2 of the lemon and toss the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over handful of spinach. You can also drizzle balsamic glaze on top on top for extra color and balance of flavor.
SHOP WILD COD and use code MAMA5 for 5% off
SHOP ARTEFLAME GRILLS and use Lindsay10 for 10% off