Delicious “Thin Mints” that help you POOP
If you or someone you love is addicted to Thin Mints, but eating processed crap make them feel stuffed like a piñata, these are the (poop) cookies for you! As you may know from a previous article, my baby girl Brynn (4) has been chronically ill for over a year. The root cause of her illness was a traumatic experience that caused her to hold back when going potty.
A year later all I think about, obsessively, is how to get this kid to poop!?! She’s only 4, and wants to eat every starch and grain on the planet. Its HARD forcing her to eat greens, veggies and fruit. But she’ll eat some.
She LOVES chocolate, so I thought I’d make this super secret family recipe… with a twist… PRUNES & wheat bran! So if you want the OG recipe CLICK HERE. If you want to keep yourself “regular”, read on my friend!
What you’ll need:
- ¼ cup garbanzo & fava flour
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flax & chia mixture
- ¼ teaspoon Xantham gum
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 7 tablespoon Unsweetened dark-cocoa-powder
- Pre-pureed in cuisine-art “pruneaid”-1 cup prunes
- + 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 tablespoon Earth balance “butter” (soy free)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 drops of pure organic essential peppermint oil
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1/3 monkfruit sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
Let’s get cookin’:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheets with parchment
- In medium bowl mix flour, gum, soda, salt
- Make “pruneaid” by blending in food processor: “sugars”, prunes, vanilla, coconut oil, “butter” until combined
- Stir in and blend the dry ingredients
- Add mint drops and stir again
- Dough will be crumbly—this is normal!
- Roll 1 Tb. Into ball and flatten with hands, then place on sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Cool on rack
Please let me know how you like this recipe! Wishing you lots of Love & Yum (and a good BM).
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill