Vietnamese Style Chicken Salad
By Holly Noone
This one is a family favorite!… and I have even had success getting my daughter’s friends eating this salad. I like to use brown rice noodles if I can find them – if not, the regular ones are fine! I also like to cook the chicken ahead of time so that I have time to cool it down before tossing all the ingredients together.
You will need a Cusinart or food processor to shred the carrots. I buy the cabbage already shredded, this saves chopping time. I also like to garnish this salad with some slivered almonds and serve with a few slices of avocado on the side.
Let’s get cookin’!
- 3 Large cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 6 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 oz. rice noodles (I use Annie Chun’s Maifun Brown Rice Noodles)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 large carrots
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH:
- Handful of silvered almonds
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Boil the chicken until cooked through – about 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Make your dressing – combine all ingedients in a bowl.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to instructions on the box. Set aside in colander.
- Peel and chop carrots and then pulse in food processor until they are finely chopped.
- When chicken is cool, chop into smal bite sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl – enjoy!
Love and Yum,