Swordfish and Zucchini Carpaccio
If you’re in the mood for an easy, delicious and LIGHT meal, that is still satisfying, this is it! Swordfish, while high in mercury*, is very low in calories, has NO carbs and is an excellent source of protein and OMEGAs.
*Mercury is a harmful metal that is present in most large fish. TIP: cilantro helps to remove harmful metals from food like swordfish!
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 8oz pieces of sustainably caught swordfish
- 2 TBSP good olive oil
- 2 TSP fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 TSP each: pink salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper
- 2 organic zucchinis
- 1 cherry pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Let’s get cookin’:
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Mix together cilantro, and 1 TSP of each pink salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper to make the fish rub.
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Slather in 1 TBSP oil, and sprinkle liberally with fish rub.
- Place fish on clean and hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes per side, then rotate 45 degrees, and cook for 2 more minutes (this is for a thick cut – reduce time if thin slice). **Tip: Fish should release from the grill easily when it is cooked all the way through.
- Use mandolin on size 1 – 1.5 to slice zucchini lengthwise very thinly.
- In a medium bowl toss zucchini ribbons, lemon juice, 1 TBSP olive oil, cherry peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top the fish with the zucchini and enjoy!
- Can pair with a side of rice for a more filling meal 🙂
Love & Yum,
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill