Mama’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
I LOVE all things pumpkin, but everything you get at the store is super processed and full of sugar and salt. So I wanted to try my hand (y’all know I’m not a baker!) at making pumpkin bread!
Organic pumpkin puree contains lots of helpful nutrients like dietary fiber, magnesium, vitamin C & E. It also has enzymes that are helpful in balancing your thyroid function (mostly the seeds). I’ve also snuck in ground flax, vanilla protein powder, and coconut oil.
My kids love banana bread, so I thought I’d make this bread with similar ingredients, so that they want to try. They also helped me bake it… which is not only fun for them, but teaches them metrics of measurement.
Enjoy this healthful recipe!
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
In 1st bowl mix together:
- 2.5 cups Pamela’s Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 scoop Love & Peas Sugar Free Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Organic Ground Flaxseed
- 1.5 tablespoons Organic Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
In 2nd bowl mix:
- 8oz Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk (add more if necessary after mixed into dry ingredients)
- *Optional: I added in 1/4 cup carrot & apple pulp after juicing. You can also use 1/4 cup apple sauce.
Stir all wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it creates a thick paste. Spray a bread tin with coconut oil. Pour in mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 – 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool before removing from tin. Slice and serve with tea for a comforting dessert or breakfast!
Love & Yum,
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill