Holly’s To-Do on Mother’s Day
Mama O’Neill’s new head MAMA give’s us her To-Do list for making Mother’s Day amazing!
1. Call my Mom! The benefits of social connection are proven and there are so many – including strengthening your immune system, lowering levels of stress and anxiety, and increased longevity. Plus it’s my Mom. I am so grateful for her.
2. Have a healthy breakfast – I am going to make my favorite omelet served with cherry tomatoes and arugula salad. CLICK HERE for recipe.
3. Take a walk in the woods with my family and dog – “forest bathing”, as it is sometimes called – simply being present in nature has so many benefits. The organic compounds released by the trees help support our immune systems. Mood is improved, stress is decreased and sleep is improved. Plus it’s FINALLY Spring! Yay!
4. Plant some flowers – Not only does this help beautify my house, but having flowers around really does help boost your mood!
5. Enlist my husband and kids to whip up an afternoon snack of (recipe: Gluten-free Carrot Zucchini Muffins with chocolate chips or raisins) – can double as breakfast for the next few days! Less stress in the morning rush! Plus, they are DELICIOUS right out of the oven.
6. Take a long bath with candles and Dead Sea Bath Salts – I LOVE these ones CLICK HERE.
We all know a long bath or hot shower can help us unwind. Jump in. Breathe. Enjoy.
7. Give everyone the biggest hugs and kisses and crawl into bed early with a cup of my favorite tea – CLICK HERE – for a good nights sleep! So grateful for this blessing of being a Mom.