Happy Hanukkah – Grilled Latkes & Apple Sauce Recipe
HAPPY HANUKKAH! Here’s my recipe (and video) for Latkes and Grilled Apple Sauce…
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 pounds organic russet/baking potatoes peeled and shredded – I use the grater attachment for my food processor and it works like a charm!
- 1/2 cup shredded Vidalia onion
- Mix in:
- 2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten.
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup avocado oil for frying
- 3 pink lady apples (or gaia) sliced and tossed in:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter* (optional)
Let’s get cookin’:
- Heat Arteflame grill (or other cast iron surface). Place cast iron skillet on hottest part of the grill to let it het up.
- Rub butter on grill, and place spiced apples on buttered surface
- Pour avocado oil in cast iron skillet. I needs to be hot!
- Flip apples to make sure they are cooking evenly. Move around grill until they are cooked/tender.
- Remove apples and chop roughly. Put into a small bowl.
- Take a handful of latke mix and place into skillet with hot oil. Fry until golden brown, then finish off on the grill surface.
- Serve warm with grilled apples sauce on top!
Watch the video too: