Fancy Avocado Toast
In the last 6 months I’ve noticed that MANY restaurants offer their own version of Avocado Toast. Some are simple and delicious with lemon juice and sea salt, some are more complex with ingredients like quail eggs, roasted tomatoes, micro-greens, etc.
The range in price varies from $12 – $20… for TOAST!
Here’s my simple recipe for Fancy Avocado Toast, that won’t break the bank:
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 heirloom tomato sliced
- crusty organic bread (fresh baked sourdough is my fave)
- 1 link of grilled Keilbasa, or other organic sausage
- Pinch of pink sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Stone-ground mustard
- Good olive oil
Let’s get cookin’:
- Slice the bread and drizzle with good olive oil. Place in toaster oven, or on grill/cast iron pan until toasted brown.
- Spread avocado thickly on toast. Layer on sliced tomato, sliced sausage, and drizzle with mustard.
- Next place a few sprigs of micro-greens on top, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and drizzle more good olive oil.
- Serve warm with knife & fork!
Enjoy fancy-pants 🙂
Love & yum,
Lindsay “Mama” O’Neill