Kate’s Vegan Thin Mints – SECRET FAMILY RECIPE… Shhhhhhh
My cousin Kate is one of the most creative people I’ve ever met. When I first started seeing my nutritionist (Sally Kravich), I knew I was going to have a hard time keeping up with my diet… you see, I LOVE sugar. Yes, I know it is more addictive than cocaine, and I know that any food that ends in -ose, is a sugar – LactOSE, GlucOSE… wheat, gluten and dairy are out, and so is SUGAR!
Sally has amazing savory and sweet recipes that I’ve been making for years, but a few years ago I went on a Girl Scout Cookie binge while I was pregnant, and after I had the baby, I still had my Thin Mint Addiction!
My cousin Kate came up with this sugar-lite, vegan, gluten free, Mock Thin Mint recipe that is so delicious when I make a batch they are done within MINUTES! My friend Nina loves these cookies so much I make them for her every Christmas. So this year, I’ve decided to share Kate’s recipe with all of you… and share the Love & Yum!
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon Xantham gum
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoon Earth balance “butter” (soy free)
- 7 tablespoon Unsweetened dark-cocoa-powder
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Pre-pureed in cuisine-art “pruneaid”-1/3 cup prunes or dates
- + 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 drops of pure organic essential peppermint oil
Let’s get cookin’:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheets with parchment
- In medium bowl mix flour, gum, soda, salt
- Melt “butter” on low in separate mixing bowl in micro., or on stove top
- Whisk in cocoa powder and “sugars”, then add your “pruneaid”
- Stir in the dry ingredients
- Add mint drops and stir again
- Dough will be crumbly—this is normal!
- Roll 1 Tb. Into ball and flatten with hands, then place on sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Cool on rack
- Optional-dust with powder sugar to make pretty!