Grilled Thanksgiving – Skillet Stuffing
What you’ll need-
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (somewhat stale) cubed
- 16oz cubed pancetta
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 jar chestnuts in water, chopped
- 2 sprigs each rosemary & parsley chopped (no stems)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock w/ 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet (that has a cover/lid) melt the butter.
- Cook the cubed pancetta in the butter until browned (not crispy).
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon to leave the fat.
- Put garlic and onion in skillet and cook until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, chestnuts, salt & pepper, then herbs.
- Stir every few minutes until veggies soften.
- Put the pancetta back in.
- Add in chopped ciabatta bread, then evenly pour in the chicken stock with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle in parmesan and toss to coat.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss again, cover and let cook 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before serving
* Make sure the skillet is on a medium hot section of the grill. Move it around to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn and the stuffing cooks evenly.
Here are the rest of my Grilled Thanksgiving Recipes: