Grilled Thanksgiving – Rotisserie Turkey
Come gather around the flame to cook a delicious herb-rubbed turkey on the grill using the Arteflame Euro 40 and the new rotisserie attachment!
Before we get started, you’ll need to brine the turkey the day before Thanksgiving. This will help lock in juices and speed up cooking time. You can buy a brining kit at your local grocery store. The kit should come with the brine mix and a brine bag.
HOW TO BRINE THE TURKEY –
What you’ll need –
- 1-gallon warm waterPre-packaged brine mix & bag1 gallon cold/ice water
Dissolve brine mix in warm water. Add in ice water to cool down mix. Take neck and giblets out of turkey and place turkey in brine bag. Pour in brine water. Refrigerate overnight. Remove bird place in a bowl for 1 – 2 hours before cooking.
COOKING THE TURKEY –
Before cooking the turkey…
- Stuff it with fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, and sage.
- Wrap wings/bird with twine to hold wing tips down so they don’t burn.
- Rub bird with butter, then coat with Greek seasoning.
Let’s get cookin’-
- Insert rod for rotisserie.
- Mount on 2nd rung when the grill is hot.
- Turn on rotisserie and let cook for 1 – 1 ½ hours before checking.
- To check temp, insert meat thermometer into the deepest part of the breast.
- Final breast temp should be 170 degrees.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before carving!