Grilled Thanksgiving – Grilled Yam Mash
Come gather around the flame to cook these decadent yams, mashed with maple syrup, apple cider and spices, and layered with candied pecans & mini marshmallows. Get 10% off Arteflame Grills & Accessories with code Lindsay10!
What you’ll need –
- 2 sweet potatoes/yams – peeled and sliced into 1/2 rounds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch sea salt & pinch ground cloves
- Large cast iron skillet
Let’s get cooking’ –
- Toss yam slices with olive oil and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place yam slices on a medium-hot part of the grill.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and flip when starting to brown.
- Place the cast iron skillet on grill, and place 3/4 of the stick of butter in skillet to melt.
- Remove yams when cooked.
- Rough chop yams and place in skillet with butter
- Pour in 1 tablespoon brown sugar, apple cider, and pinch of ground cloves.
- Mash yams with a fork and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place pecans on grill with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and the rest of the butter – flip often until browned being careful they do not burn.
- Crumble pecans and sprinkle marshmallows over yams in skillet and remove from grill.
- Keep warm in a 200 degree oven, covered, for up to 2 hours.
Here are the rest of my Grilled Thanksgiving Recipes: