Gluten-free Carrot Zucchini Muffins
I love making these muffins in a big batch, freezing them, and defrosting for breakfast on the run… or a great healthy snack!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ Cup coconut oil (if your coconut oil is solid you will need to melt it to liquid form)
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ¾ to 1 cup raisins OR chocolate chips depending on your preference
Let’s get cookin’
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl combine the eggs, coconut oil (in liquid form), grated zucchini and carrot.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix together.
5. Fill the muffin cups to about ¾ full. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Test by inserting a fork – if it comes out clean they are done!
Note: It’s your choice if you want to use paper muffin cups or spray muffin tins with olive oil prior to filling. Again I use my Evo olive oil sprayer CLICK HERE! I love this thing… my husband got it for me for Christmas! haha!
Paper muffin cups make for easier cleanup, but the muffins can stick slightly to the paper.
Love & yum,