Men’s Guide to Mother’s Day
You woke up this morning and thought “OMG, tomorrow is Mother’s Day!… what am I doing for my wife/mother/sister?”. You can’t cook, you forgot to buy a gift, and you don’t have time to go to the mall. Don’t worry, Mama’s got you covered.
Let’s break it down. Most women don’t need a gourmet meal. We just need something simple and yummy. Here are 3 tips to make easy and delicious breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for the lucky lady in your life. Oh, and yes I will give you a shopping list for each. You’re welcome 😉
Keep it simple, or not. If you want to test your skillz, make her pancakes with fresh fruit/berries and her favorite beverage on the side. Here’s and article on Easy Pancakes in Any Flavor with some of my favorite recipes!
If you want to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) – try these 3 recipes I wrote for KIDS – if kids can make these, so can you:
- yogurt, granola, berries, honey
- raisin bread, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut milk (or skim), cinnamon
- eggs, onion, spinach, feta/goat cheese, tomatoes
Again, let’s KISS and make a delicious salad by taking some pre-mixed & pre-washed greens, adding a few veggies, and making an easy DRESSING. Here are my two favorite dressing recipes that are sure to impress. Bam!
Shopping list: organic mixed greens (box or bag), cherry tomatoes washed and cut, small cucumbers washed and cut, organic chickpeas (can) drained rinsed and patted dry, ingredients for dressing.
Don’t get nervous, let’s do what men do best… let’s grill! Anyone can do it. It’s easy and you can make an entire dinner on the grill…
5 Tips for Grilling Dinner –
- Let meat rest at room temp for 30 – 60 minutes before cooking
- Bring your grill up to medium high heat, lightly brush clean before cooking
- Cook veggies first, cover in a bowl with tin foil, then cook the meat (safety first – you don’t want salmonella)
- Buy pre-marinated meat or fish
- If you don’t have a grill, try my one pan dinner in the oven
Shopping list – pre-marinated meat or fish, zucchini, squash, red pepper, onion, salt, pepper, oil, garlic powder
DESSERT – go to your local bakery and buy some nice cookies!
Recap: KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE, put some love into it, do the clean up too!
Wishing you love & yum for a delicious mother’s day!
Lindsay (Mama) O’Neill